Thursday, January 29, 2015

Drop outs...

What did I learn from module 1? I understand a bit better why students might drop out of an online course quicker than a face to face course. It's easy to put it off, forget about it, and miss deadlines. I also see why it really doesn't work for large groups to have an online discussion. At the same time, to be positive, I can see the potential for how online education might supplement a classroom experience. I'm much more interested in creating a blended style course that utilizes technology to allow students to do some of the work on their own. Maybe they will listen better with a video lecture? Can that free up the face to face time to discuss reading, answer question, etc. Hopefully this will become more clear as we keep going.


No comments:

Post a Comment